CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

God's glory is all around...


Just put the first batch of mango bread in the oven...I love mango season!  Just wish it didn't correspond with 97 degree temps w/ heat index of 116!  And my kitchen faces the west which only adds to the heat...I wonder if I could bake the bread letting it sit in the sunshine coming in through the window???  It would be like my own Easy Bake oven Nica style! 
This morning not only started out hot, but also with a small earthquake hitting about about 60 miles southwest of us when we were doing our quiet time around 7:10 a.m. or so.  It was a slight one and did no damage but the tremor shook the furniture enough to get our attention!  Pretty timely when reading about God's incredible power! 
This morning also saw peace come to a war that's been waged all week on our bedroom's little deck.  I waved the white flag of surrender at the mourning dove that has been intent on building a nest in one of my flower pots to signify that she had won the battle.  I really thought the territory was mine and was willing to fight for it initially because I didn't want the mess of a bird out there nor did I want to lose my flowers, but honestly, I just don't have the heart to keep chasing her out. 
There is a plant place that has some of the more common U.S. plants at really good prices and so I have a small pot of two geraniums and some rose moss that we just planted last week...it was my own little piece of familiar flowers and reminded me of "home".  I loved it and have been making sure every day that the sun wasn't scorching the leaves.  I guess the soon-to-be mama bird thought it felt homey also because she has been relentless about re-building her nest every day. 
Oh...Jim just came down from upstairs and told me that we have an egg in the nest!  I'm glad I gave in!  I think it's probably going to be the closest thing to spring I'll see here this month!  Just the thought of baby birds right outside our bedroom slider makes me smile.  I do hope that Mama Dove realizes that the sun shining on that patio in the afternoon is brutal and could result in hard-boiled babies if she's not careful!  
God's glory has just been so evident all day today...from this morning's shaking to the tasting of His sweet, sticky mangos to the gift of new life beginning right out on our deck.  The wonder of His creation is only surpassed by the love of the Creator!

No comments: