CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Christmas Card...

This is something I just posted on my Facebook page and thought that I should go ahead and put it on the blog as well.  I would be very grateful if you would share this with others you may know who might want to  participate in this simple yet very special ministry.  

I have a HUGE favor to ask of all my Facebook friends.  You know how at this time of year you always hear about someone who is battling cancer who would like to receive Christmas cards?  Well, I have just found out that the wife of a guy I went to high school with (yes, that was years ago!) has Stage 3 colon cancer.  Mike had asked his daughter to send a Christmas card to Cynthia as they don't think she is going to make it see next year's Christmas.  The daughter has ended up making a FB page called One Christmas Card (you can check it out and read the story yourself) and is asking for folks to just send Cynthia a card.  She is NOT asking for donations or gifts or anything other than for a Christmas card to be sent to Cynthia.  Could you maybe do this?  What a wonderful gift you would give to someone you don't even know...and we know Christmas is all about giving!  It doesn't even have to be a new or fancy card...but if you could do this, I would be so grateful.  Jim and I are going to try to send a card from here and hope it gets to her on time.  I am going to give you her mailing address...oh, and she doesn't seem to know why she's getting all these cards so please don't mention that Mike's daughter is behind this.  Also, if you don't want to sign your names, you can do it anonymously or even sign it with Mike's name!  Isn't this a beautiful and simple way (as well as inexpensive) for everyone to come together to bring a little bit of joy to someone's life?  Thank you so much!!!
Her name and address are:

Cynthia Flaherty
274 North Fish Haven Road
Lake Ozark, MO
65049  


I believe that I know and love some of the most generous and kind-hearted friends on the face of this earth and so I am looking forward to knowing that Cynthia is going to have an inundation of Christmas cards...please remember to pray for Cynthia before you mail the card and if God should bring her to your mind at other times, I know that Mike and Cynthia would appreciate your prayers of intercession on their behalf.


No comments: