CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flying in and out...

What a busy week we’ve had! Our friends, Leonard and Nancy Hopkins from Cassville, MO and Leonard’s sister, Debbie Williams from Stonewall, TX were with us from the 15th through the 19th. We had a ball! It felt so good to laugh that hard again! They were all such good sports putting up with Xander and his 5 month old puppy antics…which are cute when it’s a 10 lb. puppy but when a 40 lb. pup starts acting up…it quickly loses its charm!
We’ve known Leonard & Nancy for some years now and it was a pleasure getting to know Debbie. She has a grueling work schedule so hopefully, she was able to get some rest while here. Although I’m not sure how as we were on the go quite a bit.
We were able to share some of what our days are like here and also some of our favorite places to eat. We shopped and talked and shopped some more! It was a fun few days that seemed to just fly by. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry but Nancy’s sweet hug weakened the dam and sure enough, the tears came. It hasn’t gotten any easier seeing the backs of friends walking away into the secure area at the airport.
Jim and I are leaving early in the morning to go to the airport again…this time to board a plane ourselves! We’re going to Miami for a few days of rest and we both are looking forward to just being away for a bit, trusting God will bring us back refreshed and ready for the days ahead.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post a blog while we’re gone but if not, I’ll write when we get back. Now it’s off to bed…we have to get back up in 4 hours! I’m praying God packs a lot of rest in those scant 240 minutes!

No comments: