CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Traveling...

Just a quick note…we are currently in the U.S. and as a result, it will be several more weeks before I am back to blogging. I guess I just figured those of you who read the blog on a regular basis would realize that but I have recently realized that is not necessarily the case…sorry for any undue worry! We’re fine…just really busy!

We are thoroughly enjoying reconnecting after a year with our families and our friends…it’s been such a privilege to share our hearts with so many of you in person and to receive such support and encouragement in return…once again, we feel we are blessed beyond measure in so many ways.

We’ve had to laugh about the number of times we’ve been asked if we’re getting rested up. Not hardly! We’ve been on the run since we touched down and have had a ball seeing everyone. Plus, we’ve been fed some of the best meals you could imagine! We are so thankful we know such amazing cooks and fabulous bakers…I think that has to be a prerequisite to being a Baptist! I’ve already decided my idea of losing a little bit of weight while State-side is totally far-fetched. I am miserably happy or happily miserable, I’m not sure which. Either way, it’s safe to say that we’re not in any danger of going hungry here.

For those of you who have asked, the grandkids are fantastic and so much fun! Maddie is beautiful – inside and out. Sam is taller than I am…enough so I can put my head on his shoulder! Benjamin’s smile continues to light up hearts. Jeremiah commands center stage and knows exactly how to make sure that all are compliant! Nathanial couldn’t be any sweeter…he is as every bit as precious as we had hoped. Our time with them is flying by much too quickly.

We will be back in Managua in about three weeks and are excited to see what God has in store for us when we return. We are also looking forward to checking in with our friends there and to see how they are all getting along. I will update you on Kenneth’s condition as soon as I can as well as how things are going with Miguel and Elizabeth. Please keep us all in your prayers. We appreciate you all so much.

1 comment:

MaNdY said...

Where in the world did the past six weeks go???? Time went by WAY too fast! So glad to have had you here...counting down until March 2010! HUGS, KISSES, AND PRAYERS...