CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snippets of life lately...

Still no internet at the house so this is a copy of a Facebook post that I put up today...we're borrowing internet at CINAFE and our time is limited...hope this explains a little bit about what's been going on here the last few weeks.  

Sitting this afternoon at CINAFE...they are graciously allowing us to borrow their internet so we can check messages. We went to the mall to try it there and it was sporadic so we decided to stop by here and so far, so good! Thank you, Lord! It's at times like this that I realize how much we depend on our internet to stay connected with everyone at home. Right now, they're saying maybe tomorrow. Have you noticed that's been the same thing we've heard for about a week now??? :)
The other news is that the roadblocks are now appearing on almost all of the major roads leading to the outer regions of the country. There was an article that their blockade was lifted at Sebaco but only as long as they get to meet with the gov't. officials today...otherwise, it goes back up. The inconvenience and frustration are nothing compared to the actual impact this is having on people in this country. This has caused an estimated loss of 5.5 million dollars in coffee exports. Goods are prevented from being sent up north and the fuel supply is already getting low there. The protestors say they're prepared to keep the blockade up as long as necessary until their demands are met. So, right now, thousands of innocent people are being "held hostage" by this type of behavior. Selfishness and pride are the cornerstones of both ends of this roadblock!
Jim and I were talking today that when we moved here 4 years ago, we thought things were difficult. The situations haven't really changed a whole lot...the only difference now is that we're not as surprised by them, but they do not go unnoticed. For example, the internet fiasco. Just as frustrating now as it was then. Electric rates and water rates are going up. So is diesel...the fuel of choice here. As are food prices. We're hearing more and more about water shortages and power outages. Violence against women is becoming more and more prevalent. An increased confiscations of goods coming in through customs. Of course, most of this is not making headline news but there is one thing that has been in the forefront of the news lately, and that is the government's confiscation of private land. That's a scary thing...especially for those who are not part of the same political persuasion as the current (and probably, forever!) administration. These kinds of things just are a constant reminder that we are not of this world! Thank you, Jesus!
This is almost like a mini-blog at this point...
Our return this time from the States has been challenging, to say the least. Of course, the on-going car issues...yes, the car made its weekly visit to the mechanic on Monday...they were happy to see Jim pull in, I'm sure. And naturally, the lack of internet...you know how I'm feeling about that. The ants - they are relentless! Our little 10" back-up Netbook is on its last leg...the display is temperamental and the keyboard is no longer usable at all so it's useless for communication. My Zune has decided in the last few days that it's also looking at permanent retirement and yesterday, my Kindle began developing black lines through the display. After researching a little bit ago on here, I found that's usually the prelude to it dying. The color on our t.v. has become, well, quite interesting...that's the only way I know how to describe it. Let's just say that it sees things through rose...and green colored glasses! I don't know what's going on with our little world of electronics...and I didn't realize how much we used them! Of these three things, I think I shall miss my Kindle the most. It is my companion for my morning devotions, my source for nighttime reading and helps me keep my sanity during our 6 hour visits at the hospital. It has an English/Spanish dictionary on it, several Bibles and lots of still-to-be-read books. I told Jim this morning that I just love my Kindle and it's breaking my heart that it doesn't love me back! Guess, I'll get over that heartbreak just like I have so many others. :)
Finally,, and maybe the thing that has been the most spirit-bothering of all is that we are beginning to sense some resistance in Tipitapa. I don't want to go in to detail right now...I keep thinking it could just be something insignificant or passing...but the truth of it is, ever since we ramped up our teaching of God's Word, there has definitely been a change of attitude towards us. Not a surprise since scripture warns of such things...we'll see how this all plays out. And we're going to continue with our teaching until we are no longer able to do so. Obviously, the enemy wishes we would get discouraged and quit. So, Saturday's lesson is going to be about the Tower of Babel...and, hopefully, we'll also be able to do a leprechaun craft...I've already got it figured out how I am going to tie the imaginary little green man to the very real Jesus!
Okay...that's all the news that I have for today. Hope everyone is staying healthy and walking close to the Lord...thanks for hanging on all the way to the end of this! :)

No comments: