CLICK ON ANY PICTURE IN THE BLOGS TO GET A LARGER VIEW

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday notes...

We’re going to go visit a different church this morning and it doesn’t begin for another couple of hours so I thought I would get these updates written really quickly.

Yamuleith: She’s continuing to battle the infection in her body…I would ask that you keep her in your prayers. We are trying to boost her nutrition so that her body can help fight off the infection…the possibility of sepsis is a reality and one of my Stateside friends who is a nurse and has had some experience with these kinds of wounds, told me that she is also at risk for infection in the bone. Oh, how I wish that she were here now…

Kenneth: The test on his kidneys (which was nothing more than a urinalysis) that he had done last Wednesday indicated that he didn’t have any infection in his kidneys and that was no sign of any blood. We’re trusting God that his kidney’s are functioning as they should. He goes this Wednesday to get his liver, abdomen and chest checked again…they want to see if the tumors in his chest are growing. He still has the on-and-off fever and now, is sometimes short of breath. I’m praying that it’s just the weather that is causing the shortness of breath…the air has been so heavy lately. His color was better yesterday and when we went by the house before class to drop off the fruits and veggies for this week, he was outside with the neighbor boy, riding his bike! That was a good sign!

Miguel and Elizabeth: Neither has made any move for reconciliation. We didn’t see Elizabeth yesterday, she didn’t come to class, but we did see Miguel and spoke with him for awhile. He said that his mother said that she didn’t want Elizabeth or any other woman to come there to live. He told me he didn’t know what to do. I told him I understood why his mother felt that way to a point. There’s some pretty compelling evidence that points to Elizabeth having recently taken some money from Mama’s house. Stealing continues to be a problem with Elizabeth and when confronted with it, she refuses to say a word. Miguel feels torn between his family and his wife and has hard feelings towards both. Jim asked him if he thought if he and Elizabeth would have a better marriage if they lived somewhere else, apart from his family. He said he didn’t know, maybe. I disagree. At one time I thought that might have been a solution to the tension that exists in this family dynamic but I don’t believe that anymore. I don’t think the problem with Miguel and Elizabeth is a location issue, I think it’s a heart issue. And until the two of them are ready to humble themselves before the Lord, this problem is going to continue.

CINAFE: We are supposed to go there this afternoon and do another planting activity with the kids but our day guard has yet to show up so I’m not even sure if we’ll get to go to church, let alone to CINAFE. He has been sick this week so I’m not sure if that’s the reason he’s not here or if it’s because it’s a holiday weekend and there are hardly any buses running. Anyway…it is getting to the point we are busy 7 days a week and we are going to have to sit down and write a schedule for us. We are now helping with taking the director and cook to buy groceries, transporting to appointments, going to buy necessary materials, etc. We need our day of rest. It is hard for us to say no to all the needs but we know that if we don’t get our boundaries in place, we will become too tired and then resentful. I never know what God has in store for us but I do know that’s not God’s plan for us. I think with the exception of doctor’s appointments, if we can get a schedule written for when we are available to help, that will ease things up some…I remember wondering what I was going to do with my time when we made the decision to not return to Los Cedros…not a problem!

Well, I will go ahead and get ready for church and we’ll see what happens. If he doesn’t come, we will listen to an on-line sermon and I’ll get some long-overdue laundry done. Until next time, we encourage you to:

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

No comments: